Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ain't she sweet

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago in Cabarete. This Haitian woman is always around in Cabarete, selling her fruit that she balances on top of her head. She has skills that astound me. I don't know how she does it, but she does. I've always wanted to take her picture and either didn't have a camera or chickened out. This time I did it. I ended up feeling obligated to buy some fruit off her. (It was the least I could do!! )

A very brief update.....
I was very excited about having an opportunity to tour the local "Special Needs" school. It's called Genesis. I was expecting to see a disaster...it wasn't. Amy, an American occupational therapist invited me to tour the facility. It was so fun to see the kids smiling and enjoying school. There were 33 students ranging from ages 3 years old to ... unsure, I think late teens. At the end of the visit when I asked Amy why she wanted me to see her school, she smiled. I knew! So, I have volunteered to help out at the school as needed. Currently, they have asked me to do an inservice for the teachers. Something encouraging and inspiring. How I wish I had the language!!

On a lighter note, Ethan has a memorable week. He has been invited to a birthday party!!! This is very exciting. This is the first one for us, and he was THRILLED! This is the just the beginning. He came home from school today seeking the advice of a professional. His question, "How do you dump a girlfriend??" Our youngest has been hand-picked by a Spanish chica who has given him his first kiss multiple times today alone!! It sounds like our youngest is growing up!!

The boys continue to grow. Drew's feet never stop growing. As soon as a pair of shoes show up on Missionary Flights International, we are already searching Ebay for the next size up. Voices are starting to warble, zits are appearing, and Ethan's been kissed. Sigh!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Wow... another blog post so soon??!? Great to hear about your visit to the school. I can so hear your voice when you write.
Yeah for warbling voices, zits and kisses! :)