Monday, June 23, 2008

It's been a while.....

I realize that it has been a long time since we posted last. I'd like to get the 'grumpy' post archived so that it's not so obvious!!

I was going to let you know that Bob and Terry, Brodie and Drew and every female student on campus (as well as other staff members) are in the process of climbing Pico Duarte. It is the highest mountain peak in the Caribbean. So, I am hoping to have some great posts from them sometime after the weekend. They left this afternoon and should be arriving back for supper on Saturday.

Jill and I are planning to work (a little), swim at the pool and probably go shopping in Santiago with our friend Rachel. Ethan is planning on not having to share the computer, mom's attention or any money I might have for unexpected treats.

As I type this, it is pouring rain. So, please think of our soggy hikers. It will be a long trip if the rain doesn't let up. God can use this trip for His benefit regardless of the weather, BUT if we got to pick, we would choose partly cloudy, a slight breeze and NO rain.

Stay tuned!!
Carrie

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Yeah! A new post! Thinking of you often!!! Will pray for partly cloudy and look forward to hearing about the adventures, both hiking, shopping and possible unexpected treats... those are the best! :)