Monday, June 30, 2008

Safe and Sound

They made it back...they have blisters, sore muscles and are really tired, but are HOME!! There are a ton of pictures and hopefully they will be able to post soon.

Bob has a decent puncture wound on his hand where he stabbed himself with a knife, he is healing well, but did provide some adventure for the group. Other than that, they have nothing but amazing stories to share with us.

The best news is, they made it to the top of the mountain for a sunrise moment. They are all proud of themselves and say they would do it again!

Just to finish off with the moments leading up to their return.... Pedro the mechanic attempted to fix our jeep, and charged me nothing!! Stating that when Bob's not here, I should phone him. It feels good to know that I have help when I need it.

Saturday morning, I happened to look out the window and saw two Dominican men staring out our house. I was very confused and asked them what they wanted. With way too much Spanish for me, they tried to explain. I asked them if they had English, the one man nodded and said, "Cut". They were going to cut my power lines!!! They said that I hadn't paid my bill, which I knew wasn't true, but how could I convince them!

I ran next door to my neighbours that speak English and asked for him to explain it to them. They left with my power in tact, one more adventure diverted for now!

May I state again, I'm so glad that the guys are home.

1 comment:

Drew,Brodie said...

"Bob has a decent puncture wound THROUGH his hand where he stabbed himself with a knife, he is healing well, but did provide some adventure for the group. Other than that, they have nothing but amazing stories to share with us."

;Brodie the weak stomached