Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back to Routine

We are in the process of completing our first week back at work. It actually feels good to be back in the routine again. The students were happy to see us and the staff was excited to have Bob back. (Apparently his worth as an employee is greater than mine, when the internet is down!!:)

Here are the things I know this week:

1. We really like our jobs. Tough at times, but great! We try to have individual students down once per week. We had a male student down on Thursday. He will be going home in a couple of weeks. We will miss him.
2. We miss home. Friends and family mostly. The idea of luxuries such as flushing toilet paper and 24 hour power is enticing, but it's hanging with the people we love that we miss the most. (Brodie is nodding in agreement beside me)
3. I hate cockroaches. Last night Bob and boys attempted to kill the 30+ cockroaches in my kitchen. Ugh!
4. I miss our "Supper Club". Bob and I went out for supper with friends the other night. It made me miss the evenings of over-eating, good conversations and great friends. We miss you guys.
5. Camping with friends and family....especially at Lake William.
6. I know there are more...but mostly it revolves around hanging with the people who mean a lot to us...nieces and nephews are growing without us seeing them. Friends and family are having babies that we still haven't seen.

I was talking to my friend Rachel today...and I summed it up to her by saying, "I don't really miss Canada, but I miss the people there."

Reflecting on our one year: We love it here...the only thing that would make it better would be to have you here as well.

Missing friends and family,
C

No comments: