Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Quick Catch-Up

The speed of life doesn't seem to be slowing down, so briefly, here's life in a nutshell:

1. Rachel has a bumpier road to recovery than we had hoped for, I try to steal minutes to go and visit her while she is on bedrest, hug her kids and send up prayers as often as possible. She's a trouper, but needs prayer as she is struggling with MORE bedrest!
2. We had new staff come in this week and Bob and I are their Big Brother and Big Sister. It's an incredible experience to watch someone else go through the same culture shock that we walked through one short year ago. How fun it is to reflect on how 'normal' things look to us now! As I look at their 'deer-in-the-headlights" expression, I realize that maybe some of things that we now take for granted isn't as normal as we think they are. Apparently a stream of traffic coming towards you on the one way can be overwhelming....I forgot!
3. Lot of rain, and little power. For some reason, we are getting a lot of rain, which means that there isn't a lot of power. This too is a difficult transition for our new staff members. We moved them into their apartment with no water and no power....Welcome Here!?!?
4. School is crazy busy, and I seem to running on a treadmill right now. Bob is always calm regardless of the pace, and I look like I'm on a hamster wheel. Good Times!
5. A good friend back home told me that she's expecting. Twinges of homesickness are louder than normal right now. I can't imagine leaving here, but I hate the fact that life is continuing without us. Hmph! I have some emotions to work through before we leave this island.
6. Spiritual retreat is taking place next week. Our students have the opportunity to hear the gospel from a speaker who we fly in from the states. Please pray that their hearts will be softened and they will be ready to accept Christ. We, as staff, try to model Christ as often as we can, but 'fresh blood' on campus often has a great effect on the students. We shut school down- and then we play and worship. This has potential to be an amazing week!

Sincerely,
C

No comments: