Thursday, September 11, 2008

She's Here....part 2

I had the most amazing experience. I have this incredible friend that just allowed me to go into the delivery room with her and her husband for the birth of their fourth child. Rachel had a scheduled c-section on Wednesday morning and by 8:08 am, Annabelle Virginia was born. (Please try to read her name a thick heavy drawl- Jon and Rachel are from Texas). This experience was the most scary and exciting experience! Rachel was very brave, but after some research, I learned that a c-section in a developing country is very different from one in our medically sound country. Picture a 10 x 10 operating room, picture a hospital room with a pipe coming out of the wall for a shower, and one faucet- (cold) directly under that pipe. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but I hope that I never have to see anyone in that much pain ever again. Rach has a slow road to recovery, but she is nauseatingly nice, and I know that she will smile her way though the process. Picture a beautiful, lovin' the Lord Southern Belle, with atleast one 'y'all' per conversation, and heart of gold. That's my friend Rach. I hope to post a picture of Annabelle in the near future.

Also-

Luna is doing great, she's tiny and beautiful. (Lots of sleeping) Jill is looking incredible, and Hazel continues to be stinkin' fun. She repeats everything we say. Today she came over to have naps at "Auntie Carrie's" house. After naps we worked on her "Rocker face". When Brodie starts drumming, she starts dancing. I'm afraid that her Daddy has been teaching her some moves, so....she needed some work. Now picture a one year old with her lips slightly extended- and her little blond curly head bobbing up and down. Rockin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate would love to add a member to her all girl rock band. Kate prefers High School Musical and Camp Rock songs. Ask Hazel if this blends with her musical tastes. Melissa